Sunday, April 12, 2015

Claiming My Blog

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13955423/?claim=frw8ne6c2hj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
What I am Learning from the #the4500
Part Two of So Many
I am a writer. These are life changing words. They speak of new dreams and new goals. They speak to my heart and my soul. I have been articulating my thoughts and feelings with words for some time. Adding to them that I would love to be a writer someday. The 4500 (explanation here: http://minimooremusings.blogspot.com/2015/03/last-week-i-got-rejection-letter.html)  have taught me that to live a dream first you have to claim it.  Acknowledge the dream in words. Develop the idea that encompasses your goal.  Then, you have to believe that it can and will happen.  Believing that your dream can and will happen gives you motivation to do what is necessary to make it happen. It gives you strength to keep going when time and money and life get in the way. Belief gives you hope and hope gives courage.  Finally, you have to do it. Want to be a writer? Then write. Want to be a dancer? Then dance.   Want to be an engineer?  Then study and do engineering type things. Work at what you want.   
This is an important step for me. I am claiming my dream by claiming my blog. While I'm still not even quite sure what that means - I know it is a step. And rather than just publish the link that the handy-dandy help page instructed me to do, I am writing a post as well. Writing because that is what "real" writers do - they write. Thank you to all of my friends who faithfully read my musings. Your likes and comments have given me this dream. Thank you to those who have encouraged me to keep writing because you have been touched by something I have written. It gives me purpose and belief. Thank you to #the4500 for giving me the courage to put this out there and enjoy the ride. Thank you for the words that you write that not only start my brain spinning but push me to use my words more effectively.  Thank you for the prayers, and the kind words, and the knowledge that several of you would come and kick me in my behind if I don't get busy! Thank you to those of you reading. A writer can write volumes of words - but the dream is realized when people read them.  Now go do something that gets you closer to your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment